The Workplace of Ethics, Compliance and Labor Requirements created public-private partnerships and packages to help staff going through wage points or different challenges up to now fiscal 12 months, officers introduced.
The San Diego County workplace outlined the actions in a brand new report highlighting accomplishments from the 2022-23 fiscal 12 months.
The Board of Supervisors fashioned the Workplace of Labor Requirements and Enforcement in Could 2021 to function a central location for training and assets for employers and staff, to undertake analysis and evaluation and pursue further enforcement measures to guard staff.
Since that point, the labor workplace has merged with the county’s Workplace of Ethics and Compliance to kind one workplace.
“By neighborhood engagement (and) data-driven determination making” the workplace “works to positively affect the lives of staff and companies in San Diego County,” mentioned Director Branden Butler.
The report particulars progress made within the final fiscal 12 months and persevering with steps the division will implement shifting ahead.
You may learn the workplace’s full 2022/23 report right here.
- Forming the 43 neighborhood stakeholder Honest Office Collaborative – to develop training, outreach and enforcement initiatives.
- Partnering with the the nonprofit Worker Rights Coalition (ERC) on an outreach marketing campaign that gives direct help for staff who need assistance with wage and work-hour violations.
- Contracting with the Shaw Legislation Group to supply free academic seminars on employment legislation to just about 2,000 small companies within the county.
- Working in partnership with ERC and the District Legal professional’s Workplace with victims of a Fallbrook office capturing. This partnership supplied authorized, meals and advantages help, together with sufferer’s counseling.
- Proposed creation of the Office Justice Fund. This system, authorised by the Board of Supervisors in Could, will assist all county staff with prevailing wage claims who haven’t but been paid and those that are victims of retaliation following a grievance.
- Established the Good Religion Restaurant Homeowners Program. It notifies eating places of their present unpaid wages to staff and presents info on steps to right the scenario to take care of a county Retail Meals Allow.
- Labored with the county Workplace of Analysis, Efficiency and Analytics to construct a dashboard detailing wage theft within the County.